We recently wrote an article for Today’s Chicago Woman on how brides can prepare themselves for their floral consultations once they are ready to meet with their wedding florist. You can read the entire article here or the abbreviated version below!
Be prepared for your first meeting with your wedding florist
A bride goes to consultations prepared and open-minded. The issue so many brides run into is that theyre not as prepared for the initial meeting with their floral designer as they thought they were. So here are several points that will help you and your floral designer have an effective meeting.
• Before you schedule a consultation with a floral designer, ask if they require a minimum price to take on your wedding and what it is. A lot of floral designers have minimums set in place during the busy wedding season. We do not have minimums at Exquisite Designs!
• Know who needs personal flowers…We know you will need a bouquet but what about the bridesmaids? How many? What about the groomsmen, fathers, moms?
• Know as much as possible about the venues where you’ll be hosting the wedding ceremony and reception.
• Bring a picture of your wedding gown.
• If you have already selected your bridesmaids’ gowns and have a swatch, bring it with you.
• We all have a budget that we are working on when it comes to floral décor for your wedding. Don’t be embarrassed about it, be it grand or modest.
• It is always best to bring pictures.
• Be patient, we will give you a proposal within one to two weeks depending on the season of the year.